Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Perseid Meteor

This morning when I am working and I enter to Google page, I saw



I just wonder what is that, so I just click on it and try to learn more information on it.

What are the Perseids and what is a meteor?

Every year in August, the Earth passes through rock and dust fragments left behind by the comet Swift-Tuttle, last time it came near the Sun. As these small particles collide with the Earth’s atmosphere, they burn-up, often creating a startling streak of light across the sky.

When can you see them?

Heard that is today 12nd August. But can we see it here in Malaysia?
In particular for European observers, the hours of darkness either side the peak hours, may well prove more fruitful! So try the previous Tuesday night, as well as the night of Wednesday 12th.


No comments: